Saturday, June 13, 2009

[Airport]

original date: May 17, 2009

So I'm sitting here in the airport kind of bored.

It's been a long week here on the east coast of Canada. This was definitely a trip I will remember forever! It is 4:03 a.m. Yes that's right. It's 4:03 in the morning. it's super early but Lily and I arrived here around 11:30 last night and we have been here ever since. Our flight leaves Halifax at 7:20 a.m. and we thought it would be pretty pointless to get a room for a couple of hours...so we must resort to spending the night in an unfamiliar airport where we can't even sleep. There is an observation room upstairs that is nice and dark and has the lights dimmed but there is someone sleeping up there. Lily and I tend to be loud because we start talking and laughing and we just thought it would be rude to impose on someone who is sleeping...haha hence the reason why we are in the main floor observation area on our laptops, taking advantage of our "FREE WiFi".

So Lily asked me a very interesting question today...something that I probably had not even thought about this whole trip. She asked me, "what do you think you've learned form this trip?" and so i started thinking about it. The first thing that came to my mind was "i've learned that I could definitely live in another city". Not the answer she was looking for...she asked me to elaborate. and I thought a little more about this question. To be honest, I had not really thought about what I was learning at all. I kind of just went through the trip hanging out and having a good time, which I think is a good idea every once in a while. So as I thought about how to answer this question I thought to myself..."what did i learn?"

I am pretty sure that I learned that I can definitely enter a different environment and adapt quickly. Lily and I did not feel threatened for once on our trip. It was an overall great experience in the different cities we visited. Jesus had our backs the whole way, that is for sure! Even when things seemed stupid and like they weren't going to work out all that great He found a way of turning it all around.

Arriving at the university dorms in Prince Edward Island is a prime example of that!

We arrived on Wednesday around 11:30 in Charlottetown. Our check-in time to our accommodations wasn't until 4 p.m. So we grabbed lunch and then I said to Lily that maybe they would let us check-in early if there were rooms available. So we walked to the UPEI campus which was just down the street. We of course did not know our way around this campus and it did not help that we were carrying around our luggage with us! So we arrived at the main area and didn't know which building our building was. A gentlemen showed us where we were supposed to be going. When we arrived at Bernardine Hall where we were supposed to stay a sign was posted on the door that said we had to check-in at another building. We were frustrated because we did not want to walk around with all of our luggage anymore. We walked to this "New Residence" building and told them the situation about us checking in early. They said that the Hall we were supposed to be staying in was "under construction". UNBELIEVABLE! We were so confused because you would assume that when you make this reservation they would tell you that the building is under construction, but they didn't say anything. Then the lady said to us that they would be upgrading us to the new residence and honouring the price for the other hall. This was fantastic news! And this is the example that I'm giving about God always watching our backs!

Our dorm rooms ended up being really nice and spacious. So we were happy and it was just so great to see that God turned a crappy situation around and just gave us joy for being in a new city/town and experiencing new things all around.

God is good and that is what I am once again reminded of on this trip. No matter where you are, whether it be in a different city or town, or if you're in your home or someone else's home...He is still good.

May you be blessed this week.

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment