Saturday, June 13, 2009

out of the ocean

original date: June 4, 2009


This week i had an encounter with an older man who was trying to enter the mall. i've seen this man numerous times and he requires the aid of a "walker" to walk. he also probably takes about 5 steps per minute so of course when i have seen him crossing the street there are always people who want to help him cross. so this week when this man was trying to go in through one of the doors at the mall he used the handicap door and pushed the button. i was approaching from behind and noticed that the door was closing on him so i jumped to push the button for him. as he watched me do it he just shook his head in disapproval. why he did this i will never know?

I guess it's like how sometimes God wants to help us and we just shut him away (and ignore him)...why? because we think we can do things on our own...or we think that we don't need help. in the end, we realize that we do need help no matter how strong or "proud" we might be.

I must say I've been struggling a lot lately. not seeing things the way God wants me to see them but seeing them the way I want to. It's been about "ME" a lot lately. And I have - once again - come to the realization that I can't do life on my own. I need to trust God and let him take all the worries that I have. I'm a control-freak, I admit that. I always want and sometimes feel like I NEED to be in control. Definitely something I'm trying to work on and will continue to work on. Perseverance is key.

"Every bad thing you do, Jesus suffered for, so imagine how He feels when you ignore Him. Not to mention, David murdered and cursed and committed adultery, and he was called a man after God's own heart...you need perseverance.

Your hair rises when under pressure or when it gets cold to warm you up and calm your nerves. One tiny example of how amazing and smart God is. God's work is constantly right in front of us. But He won't help us unless we ask, and ask with faith. Leave your worries to Him because all we can do is live one day to the next and do our best to encourage others."
- words by someone very wise.

"for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again" - Prov. 24:16

I'm rising up again, out of the deep ocean of worry and frustration. Rising to the top, breathing again, and grabbing hold of the only one who can rescue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment